Thursday, June 2, 2011

My First Mother's Day

May 2011 marked my first real Mother's Day.  Last year I was only about 6 months pregnant with Lily and it was really nice to have so many wish me a Happy Mother's Day--I nearly cried several times that day.  This year of course all I wanted was a good old fashioned after church nap with my daughter.  Yep you guessed it Lil decided she was not going to take a nap and kept me up the whole time.  If it wasn't her than Jack and Belle were barking at every leaf blowing in the wind. Ah well--I am sure she wasn't trying to sabotage my perfect Mother's Day she just wanted to spend time with me.  I am looking forward to many, many more of these days in the years to come...

This is an image of my very first Mother's Day card from Lily.  Thanks to our cute nanny Jessica who helped her craft it out of butternut squash and applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment